1/29/14

Olive Elisabeth 12.26.2013

I am finally finding enough time to sit down and try to actually get things done around here. One important thing on my list was to write Olive's birth story. I feel like the pictures tell the story pretty well, so I wont say much. my contractions with Olive started early Christmas morning. And I mean real early, when Santa is still out. I labored Christmas day at home with Zach, we went on walks, opened presents and watched movies. It was quite a lovely Christmas. At 4 AM the next day, things got real. We decided it was time to call in the troops and at around 6:30, our team arrived. My Midwife-Mother, Becky - the Assistant/friend, Jade - My Doula/Sister, and Anndrea - My Photographer/Best Friend.

It was hard work. The hardest thing ever, probably. I know I could not have done it without Zach by my side. He never left me, and he was everything. I moved from the tub, to the bed, to the birth stool, and back to the tub a lot. I was even lucky enough to have Holly stop by to give me a labor massage and some kind and loving support. My grandmother even made it in time to see Olive be born.

There were a lot of times that I thought "I don't think I can do this." But then that contraction would end, and I'd find whatever strength there was inside of me to press on to the next.

Olive made her way into this world at 6:04 PM as the sun was setting right in the living room of our home. All 6 lbs 7 oz of her. I needed every single person that attended my birth. They were all instrumental in giving me the confidence to have my baby at home. It was hard work, it was beautiful, it was perfect.

Olive is more than we could have ever dreamed of. She's feisty like her mama and tender like her papa. We love her infinitely and can't imagine a world without her in it.



















































 Thank you Anndrea and Jade for taking such lovely photos.


3 comments:

Mama's Place said...

That was a beautiful birth. So glad you had so many strong women around you, amazing. Thank you for sharing yours and Olives story with us.

Sycamore Girl said...

life changing. and you did it. so proud of you and Z!

naturaljoy said...

It's almost feels like one of those things you have to do to come into the real world and feel things for real. So happy for you. I was sorry to miss it, I love birth. You are stronger then you think. You will go far.