4/23/09

sunrise highway

dad and i went to lunch together yesterday. i think it was the first time ever that we were there together just because we wanted hang out with each other. we didn't talk about my car and making sure i rotate my tires, we didn't talk about saving money, we didn't talk about any of that stuff. we just talked. and we laughed a lot. he said things like "i really miss you" and "tell me whats new"

and we were friends.

i miss him today and wish he wasn't in the tri cities. because if he was here, i'd probably go sit in his office. just to hang out.

2 comments:

Jade said...

hey i like when dad does nice lunches like that. once we went to cafe rio and he told me my shirt looked pretty on me ... hes quite the gentleman when he wants to be haha.

Lovely Lindsay said...

i remember having a tough day once and dad took me on a walk down 14th street so i could talk about what was on my mind. we kept walking until i was done talking. that meant going up and down the street a few times.
++++
write him a love note on the white board tomorrow.

good to see your sweetie face today.
love, lin